Klompenkunst - Clog Art - Voor Kinderen
A National Competition
Laat de (klein)kinderen Rembrandt spelen. Or… Are you still a child at heart? Discover your innerVan Gogh… With something that couldn’t be more Dutch – klompen!
Are you Nederlands? Then you probably have some old clogs sitting by the front door. Don’thave any? That’s a great excuse to go shopping at a local Dutch shop, and get some speculaas at the same time. Or invite yourself to an old friend’s place for a koffie, and see what they’ve got. Or create a clog from papier, karton – or any materials really.
Dust off your clogs – and get creative. And (grand)parents…? Help the lil’ ones.
Colourful Art Works – Floating on the River
All children from 1-18 years old can participate. In our national Klompenkunst
- Clog Art Competition - at the Big Dutch Day Out, in Foxton.
The rules are simple:
- Create a Colourful / Arty Clog: traditional or modern (think Delft Blue / Māori art / Mondriaan / landscape / tulips / kiwi or tui / cows / cheese etc etc)
- Make sure it can float – 5 metres (on a string)
- Option: Give it a sail? And create any kind of sailing clog
- (Grand)parents can help (make it ‘seaworthy’), but the art should be done by the kids
- Have fun with it all!
And bring your Artwork or Sailing Boat to Foxton, on the Big Dutch Day Out.
(or courier the Clog – by Wed 20 April – to the address below)
The Judges will check, if it indeed can float. On the calm waters of the Foxton Awa River: Artist Ans Westra / Ambassador Mira Woldberg / MP Marja Lubeck / Johnny Langen.
The Foxton Windmill Trust; Big Dutch Day Out: Sat 23 April – 11am to 3pm
11.00am OFFICIAL START of Big Dutch Day Out: Kite Making / Castle Games / Oud-Hollandse Spelen (Odd Old Games) AND… much more: food, art, music etc
12.00am Ambassador announces OFFICIAL START of Dutch Week - 300 Kites fly up in the air
1.00pm Art Competitions Prize Giving: De Molen ‘Diversity’ art + ‘Klompenkunst’ Clog art
Bring/Send Entries to: Clog Competition, Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom, 92 Main Street, Foxton 4814